You will see this great certificate that E got at school. She tried out and got onto the storytelling team for the UIL competition. What's that? Well, I had to look it up myself and it's a pretty cool program. They have, here in Texas, these competitions for storytelling, singing, and spelling (for E's grade) where the kids are on teams and will, in the spring, actually go to a central location and compete for their school. I think it's a great opportunity for E as she has this great love of telling a tale and now can do it in a positive way. Basically, they compete on how well they re-tell a story after it has been told to them. They can tell the story and act out
parts of it, they just can't have props or costumes. It is so totally up her alley.She has finally gotten a formal diagnosis for RAD (Reactive Attachment Disorder). This is a relief for us as it explains so many of the issues that just havn't gone along with all those typical disciplinary suggestions. Now we know the directions to go and how to react to certain things. If you want more info on RAD, go here. This is a great site that gives a breakdown of the issues and links to forums and helps.
We had a great Thanksgiving. My cousin Trent and his family came to eat with us. It was great to have family over, it was the first time we've had family for the holidays, ever. We also had a few other families from church come as well as the missionaries. That was fun, we were the Elder's third meal of the day. LOL
What was the best about this year was that we were able to split it into two meals. We had Trent and one family at noon, and then had the missionaries and another family at 5. WHAT!! you say? TWO meals? Yes, and it was GREAT!! We were able to relax. There was no way that we couldn't talk to each and every one of our guests, and there was no rush. Two of the boys who came needed calm--one has Asburgers and the other Autism--and it was nice to know that the whole time they were there the room was calm and quiet. You may say we're crazy, but we may just do it that way again.
On another note, I had my last finals of the semester yesterday. I know I aced one of them, and think I may be getting a pretty low grade on the other. I thought I knew things better than I did, and choked when it came to the test. We'll see how everything comes out, but I'm not really very positive. The one good thing I can say is that I got an A last week on 1/3rd of the grade. It may be my only saving grace.
We are looking forward to Christmas and the traditions we have developed over the years. May all of you have a great season and Peace be in you hearts this Christmas and through the next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment