Tuesday, March 10, 2009

E-ism: Sitcoms

For some reason the theme music to "The Partridge Family" leapt into my head during breakfast this morning. In an attempt to lighten the mood of a slightly grumpy daughter, I started to hum/sing it. After hearing me sing, "Come on, get happy!", E piped up with, "That's not a real song," so Genie and I assured her that it was, and proceeded to explain the show to her. That led to a discussion of sitcoms, and at one point I asked E, "Do you know what a sitcom is?"

"Sure," she confidently replied.

"Okay, what is it?" I asked.

She adjusted her pose, put her hands in her lap, and said, "Sit calm."

Genie nearly spit out her granola.

1 comment:

Paul n Lea Larsen said...

I was playing the "youtube" music the other day as Lea was coming home. She said "What is that???" I had to tell her about E's experience. We both had a good laugh. Thanks for all the fun things you write.