I'm off work in preparation for FaffCon this weekend, so I was able to join Genie, E, and Lydia for the traditional trek to Travis Ranch for a Thursday morning swim. We spent about an hour and a half there. I don't think I've been swimming for at least a year. Even though the deepest part was only 4.5 feet deep, I had WAY too much fun in the pool. If it had "Like" button on the premises, I would have clicked it...a lot!
On the way home, E started thinking out loud about her desire for younger siblings in the house. She's pretty set on having a younger brother, so the ramble started off with a bunch of boys' names, and then moved to ages. When she said she wanted this so-far-make-believe younger brother to be at least 6 years old, I was a little surprised, mainly because in our past discussions about adoption, we'd talked about getting a child more in the 3- to 5-year-old range (from my recollection, anyway).
"Why do you want him so close to your own age?" I asked, expecting her to say that she wanted someone she could relate with more closely.
I was wrong. She replied, "I want him to be grown up enough to know what I mean when I tell him to stay out of my room."
Dang. She's planning ahead a bit farther than I thought.
1 comment:
That's hilarious! I like her.
Post a Comment