September to Now, how to begin....
1: E spent a month with each of our parents during the summer.
Starting with my parents, she swam so often that we teased her that she would have to stop if she started growing gills, scales, or seaweed in her hair. She also got to know my brother's and sister's families.
Then she flew with my parents to Washington where she spent another three weeks alone with Justin's family, and then another week with us. Yes, we got to spend a wonderful, and sunny, week in Port Angeles. We really had fun. While there, the local newspaper stated: Seen about Forks: several depressed Twilight fans because it wasn't gloomy, rainy or foggy.
Here's a few pics of her and a friend from Port Angeles:
2. As soon as we got back, we had two friends move in with us. Lydia and Rachel are from Virginia and moved out here to find work. There are other reasons for getting them out here before they found work, but it's not my place to say. Lydia brought a dog and a cat, and Rachel adopted a dog just after they came. Of note: They are still here, but its not their fault.
The cat is no longer with us, he now lives in upstate New York. My cats stressed him out too much, and we found a better home for him with one of Lydia's friends.
3. In early September, E got glasses! They have made a huge difference in her focus and ability to interact. Especially nice is that I can say, "Oh look, see the (insert animal here)" while we are driving and share some of my love of nature with her.
4. I took an awesome class during fall semester, "Architecture, Music, and Philosophy" I loved it. We started with the Greeks, and applied philosophy starting from Plato and Aristotle and moving through time until the 20th c. I only got a B, but it was such a joy to take. I really enjoy combining knowledge I already have with the broader view of time and space. I also discovered that I have a very philosophical view of philosophy: everyone seems to think that all you need is thought, when there are things that need to be taken on faith. They all have merit, but I just don't think that you can answer all the mysteries with the human's limited view.
5. At Thanksgiving, I pulled E out of school and started home school. She had been having problem with the kids at school teasing her. One she bloodied, and one she kicked. I decided to take her out before she got a reputation for violence. She has done beautifully since then. Her temper is cooling and we have a lot less of the major tantrums that last for hours. She had been having so many troubles at school, that she would come home from school angry nearly every day. She is the type to hide her emotions at school. No one knows if she cares or is hurt, but then when she comes home to a safe place, she lets it all out on me. I decided she needed to stop having to hide her emotions so much. Life is MUCH BETTER now!!
6. Christmas was great this year. We did our yearly 12 days of Christmas service, sharing gifts with a friend each day for the 12 days before Christmas day. I have realized that giving and sharing is vital for me to feel the true Christmas spirit. Of note, when in Texas, sneaking up to someone's door to drop a surprise after dark is a REALLY DANGEROUS THING. We were told that the police were going to be called because "I don't have a big enough gun." Needless to say, it wasn't a secret this year, we just handed them to her each night.
7. New Year's Eve was a great time. We were invited to celebrate with some friends. The dad is a real fireworks fiend, and had over a hundred dollars of pyromania to set off at midnight. I would have had more fun if it wasn't so close to freezing temperatures.
8. Justin has a voiceover agent! He has been getting enough jobs in voice acting that he has been getting a name for himself...as well as supplementing the budget nicely. A local agency recruited him and has been representing him for local jobs. If you want to hear his voice online, look here. That's his website, and he is constantly updating it with his work, so keep watch there.
9. I have decided to sit this semester out. The degree I am looking to get is not what is offered at my school so I may be transferring, though that is still up for debate.

10. I am sewing again for friends and referrals. I just got a large commission with about 10 outfits and small accessories as well. I am happy to have it because...

11. We have a new dog. She is a pit bull/boxer mix. She weighs in around 55 to 60 lbs. and is VERY sweet. The problem? I found her running on the street and she is positive for heart worms. My Vet says she has a great chance to survive the treatment, but it costs over $600 dollars. Anyway, Bridget is a great addition, even if the cats (and sometimes Justin) don't agree.
If you have been counting, that makes 5 dogs, 2 cats, 4 adults and one child in the house, with home schooling, and no formal school. Life is definitely interesting in this household.
12. E got her hair cut, again. Here are pics of her before and after, with her glasses so you can see how cute they are.Eism of the day:
"Touche, mozzarella."
And don't you forget it.

No comments:
Post a Comment