Friday, May 08, 2009

I will NEVER forget

I just found this again after several years. It still makes me cry.

Even after having done my five years, I still sometimes wish I could go back and fight to give people the right to vocally and savagely object to that fight. I can't, I have other responsibilities now, but I will always respect those who do.

To PO Gunderson who fought in Vietnam, to the Lieutenant who taught me what respect truly is (the best helicopter pilot I worked with and a lady to boot), and to all those who are serving now; I will NEVER forget what you have done for ME!!

This is for you. Until you come home.

1 comment:

granber said...

Thank you Genie for reminding me how much we owe to all those who have served or are now serving in the military. Vietnam was big when I was a young adult, especially after my mission, when my younger brother served with Army Intelligence. It was such an emotional time for my family.

Kathleen