Friday, May 15, 2009

Night Fears

E woke me up at 3:00 this morning saying that she couldn't sleep because she is afraid of being bitten by a spider. She fought going to sleep last night because she didn't want to be bit by a spider.

Apparently, they covered Brown Recluse spiders at school this week. They showed pictures of the bites and everything. E says that they said that the B Rs get into people's beds. I find this frustrating as she has spider phobias. Don't they know that 3rd graders still get nightmares?

Grrrr

I had to sit down and tell her that she was safe, that she wouldn't be bitten because her bed isn't consistently made enough to be comfortably dark, and that spiders do NOT climb up beds and seek people out in order to bite them. (I did have to throw in that her room would be even safer if it were clean, however.) She went to bed, finally, but was groggy this morning.


Below are a few pics recently taken...

Mother's day started with E whispering "Dad" loud enough to wake me while he was finishing his shower. She wanted to make breakfast in bed. They got the fancy Chinese bowls down, and gave me enough cereal in one bowl for three people. So, they went and got bowls and we all ate breakfast in bed.


Here's a pic of E reading. I loved the composition so I got Justin to grab the camera and snap one. She truly loves to read.


Speaking of spider phobias, I am reminded of the giant spider dream she had a while back. She was terrified because it wanted to SIT on her.

GRINS

No comments: