Tuesday, August 26, 2008

OK, so tell me. Does your child go absolutely crazy when they are worried or afraid? E was sitting calmly, eating dinner and then picks a fight about not wanting to lock up her bike. She says she wants it to be stolen, and then when we say she will have to buy her own bike that she will steel a scooter from someone. Then the law comes into the conversation and she says she'd be glad to be taken away from us and storms out of the house.

Justin was about to get after her, and I just told him to let her go. That's how she deals with the stress and fear--picking fights. I let her play for a few minutes and she came in calmly when I asked her to come in. I said that I knew she was upset and scared, but could she not say things that are mean? She was surprised that I knew she was scared (well, duh! You are picking fights about crazy stuff) and then talked some of it out. I cannot wait until school is done tomorrow and all is "back to school" excitement again.

Otherwise it was a good day. She lost another top tooth into her melted cheese sandwich. Then we biked to school and figured out how that will go. It's less than a mile one way. Justin will be taking her in the mornings, and I hope to go get her sometimes on his bike. We'll see how long it will take for her to give the ultimatum of "Always come get me" or "Never come get me." LOL

No comments: