Sunday, August 31, 2008

Just to be clear

It appears there may be some confusion regarding the author(s) of these posts. There are two: Genie and Justin. If you check the "Posted by" line at end of each post, it will tell you who wrote it.

With that in mind, I (Justin) would like to point out that Genie is the one going back to school, not me. While I have been tossing around the idea of taking some classes here and there, I currently don't have time (nor do we have funds) for me to take any classes.

In the meantime, I'm doing what I can through other avenues: self-study, video lectures from various colleges on iTunes, etc. It's tough because I've shifted from a field where degrees don't mean all that much into one where they mean a lot more. So far it seems like my superiors are satisfied with letting me pick up new stuff on my own, but I plan on chatting with them in the near future and asking for their thoughts on the importance of a formal degree for someone in my position who is purely self-taught.

No comments: